Steps to make your New Nook Color Awesome [rooting, oc’ing and custom roms]
1. Turn on your newly bought NOOKColor, after seeing video of pretty girl Kate’s video, register with B & N. [I see no good reason to bypass it, so..] Go to Settings > Device Info > About Your NOOKColor, note down the Software Version. You can update your NC whether you want to root it or not.
2. Rooting –
As you know your Software Version now, do accordingly. The basic instructions can be found here – link Read them twice !
a. If you have not updated and are on version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1
Download Auto Nooter for 1.0.0 or Auto Nooter for 1.0.1
You can root it now using the simple instructions and but you have to install pre rooted 1.1.0.
b. If you want to update to 1.1.0 and then root it Auto Nooter, first you have to Completely Wipe, if it is not a out-of-box NOOKColor and then Update your NC to 1.1.0. Instructions and download link is here.
Note : People who have used Auto Nooter 3 reported they have been facing problems with CWR. CWR is a back up utility hence it counts lot about this app. Better to follow method a.
Caution – Rooting is not for the faint of heart, do read instructions twice. Otherwise you might end up your new NC making it unusable.
3. Now you have rooted, install CWR from here – (How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels
4. Then OC’ing from here – (How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels
5. After that read these threads to install apps and make it awesome to fullest
b. My tips and app recommendations for new rooted Nook Color users
c. Suggestions of First Things To Do After Rooting
6. And yeah, don’t forget free books
Free Fridays: Free book for NOOK owners every week
These things are really easy as they sound. Just you must be intelligent enough to follow the instructions
Comments and suggestions are always welcome
Enjoy your Super Awesome NOOKColor now